The 10Peaks™ The Lakes 2018 (long course) carries 4 UTMB qualifying points.
The 10Peaks™ course takes in the 10 finest peaks in the Lake District (originally based on the 10 highest). A simple idea but one which is incredibly difficult to achieve!
The route will take you over dramatic rocky crags, across open moorland and through low lying bogs following a clockwise loop bagging the peaks in the following, provisional, order:
- Helvellyn, 951 m (3,118 ft)
- Bowfell, 902 m (2,960 ft)
- Great End, 910 m (2,986 ft)
- Ill Crag, 935 m (3,068 ft)
- Broad Crag, 934 m (3,064)
- Scafell Pike, 978 m (3,210 ft)
- Scafell, 965 m (3,162 ft)
- Pillar, 892 m (2,926 ft)
- Great Gable, 899 m (2,949 ft)
- Skiddaw, 931 m (3,054 ft)
Participants will need to navigate their own way from peak to peak on foot and feel confident doing so night or day.